Saturday, February 28, 2015

The airframe printed but with issues

I had hoped the airframe would have sufficed for a test flight but there are some layer splits that would likely fail. As such I've switched slicers and it's reprinting for another 15 hours. :)


W.Cook said...

So what sliceer were you using, and which one did you switch to?

W.Cook said...

So which slicer were you using and wwhich didd you switch to?

W.Cook said...

What slicer were you using, and what which one did you switch to?

G Frickin' Muneh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
G Frickin' Muneh said...

Sorry about the delay, W.Cook, but I missed your comments to be moderated. You're Bill Cook from the Rocketry Forum right? I bought your 38mm thin wall fiberglass rail guide from Animal Motor Works when they were at Lucerne. Fine work, sir, and please keep it up!

On to your questions... I was using Cura but, even with the config file supplied by, the parts look terribly noisy and the retraction pretty much doesn't work so my second attempt was rippled and stringy. I finally ponied up $149 for Simplify3D and it produces the best GCode I've yet seen. It's spendy but worth it IMHO.

W.Cook said...

Sorry about the multiple comments earlier. It was only on the last one that I noticed they were moderated. I thought I was failing somehow.

Anyway, thanks for the compliment! I'm very glad you like the rail guides!

I will probably be switching to Simplify3D after I'm done building a new printer. I've been using slic3r and I've got it pretty well dialed in, but I'll be looking to shorten the learning curve on the new setup. Slic3r does thee job, but it has its shortcomings for sure!

Thanks again!