Sunday, December 7, 2014

Laster Blaster 2014

It's time to catch up on some blogging.  In my defense I've been moving more toward Agile or Lean Test development at work and both methods value "functional [stuff] vs. documenting [stuff]."  So I'm valuing flying rockets more than documenting them but I still need to complete the documentation portion some day.

Sadly our last launch at the Plaster City site was on November 2, 2014.  The FAA claims that we never should have been allowed to fly at that site yet they managed to make that mistake for a decade.  I'm not buying it but that's my uninformed-conspiracy-theory opinion.

In any event I did have two quick, fun flights to mark the occasion.  I flew my Aerotech Arreaux on a CTI 56F120 Vmax.  I'm sure it seems like sacrilege to fly one vendor's motor in another's famous rocket design but the Arreaux is the only rocket I had that was light enough with a 29mm mount.  For some reason the F120 chuffed a couple of times and then slowly ascended.  Luckily I had shortened the delay to like 5 seconds or something so I got it back safely.  I also flew my DarkStar Lite on a CTI 168H410 Vmax for the second neck-snapping flight and it was just as fun as the first.  I realize this picture is boring but it does sort of prove that I was there... kind of like the moon landing photos:

[I have no doubts that we visited the moon by the way and was merely prodding those conspiracy theorists]
With that we bid you adieu, Plaster City, and look forward to our new site at the now retired Holtville Airport east of El Centro.

No comments: