Saturday, March 8, 2014

Quadcopter amazingness

With the cancellation of the Lucerne launch due to water on the lakebed I just realized I haven't flown since Plaster Blaster in November '13!!  That's a bummer, man.  I'm not slacking, however, and just took receipt of an amazing DJI Phantom I RC quadcopter with GoPro Hero camera mount:
I flew it in my local park yesterday and, despite my lack of RC experience, I don't think I did too badly although this is designed to fly very easily (watch in full-screen, 1080p HD and stoke out!): I'll definitely be shooting liftoffs from above with that combination if only I could find a high-power rocket launch...

4 comments:

KO said...

sweet toy, how high can it fly? love the footage, so crisp!

Doug Vannier said...

I love how afraid everyone is of drones when rc choppers have been around forever. Huge threat, we're all homing to die!

Sowpath das said...

nice post

Alice Taylor said...

You definitely need a gimbal if you plan on using the drone for aerial footage :) You will have smooth, stable shots no matter what your drone is doing. Also, for those who are just getting interested in drone technology, I recommend checking out this article about types of drones and their purposes. I found it on the web and you can check it out here: http://mydronelab.com/blog/types-of-drones.html