Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sanding can blow me

I had two simple goals tonight: 1) sand those bulkheads to fit neatly in the coupler and 2) piece together the exterior parts for a studio photo shoot.  Part 1 was quick.  Part 2... not so much.  I knew the shoulder of the nose cone was too big to fit into the upper payload tube so I'd planned to sand it down.  I visually estimated that it was only about 1/16" too big so WHY did I sand for two hours just now to barely fit the two parts together for the shoot!?!  I'm using a Black and Decker mouse sander with 100 grit sandpaper and it took forever.  I guess I'll try 80 grit next time.  Now my garage and everything in it, including my black car, has yet another layer of fine dust on it.  Good asbestosis lung times (yes I was wearing a respirator but still!).  Anyway I guess this shot was worth it as I would have to sand at some point anyway:

No comments: