Sunday, October 14, 2018

Holtville, October 6th, Launch Report

Last weekend's launch was the club's first since it's cooled a bit.  I had planned to attend this weekend's Lucerne launch, Octoberfest, but received notice it had been cancelled due to previous rains and pooling on the lakebed,  Oh well... back to last weekend.
     I had packed lightly, only bringing two well-flown rockets, but the launch still rocked.  First off was my trusty, unpainted 3" Madcow Nike Smoke on a AT H550 Super Thunder.  I'll reiterate that this is my new favorite, punchy propellant.  In the video notice that the rocket's gone in the upper-left corner before the rock debris even passes the camera:

I forgot which motors that Val and Bruce had flown.  Oops.  Finally I busted out a Pro29 CTI 138G106 Skidmark for my trusty, painted DarkStar Lite.  I was a bit surprised that very little titanium made itself available for inefficient yet spectacular external combustion.  I like sparks. NikeSmoke-H550SuperThunder DSL-G106-Skidmark

No comments: